Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fat-suit of self loathing



As I look back upon my journey so far I can see that my weight problem was caused by a negative self image. I just thought I was fat when I was overweight but when I lost the weight I still felt like the same fat person on the inside. I was reading a blog and found the perfect description of what I had been feeling. I had a fat suit of self loathing still lingering around. I would blush or be shy when someone gave me a compliment. I would get uneasy moving thru big crowds. I would completely shut down and be shy around strangers and new people. I was sabotaging myself in social situations and creating stress I did not need. Luckily I found the love of my life and she helped me feel whole, confident, and somewhat sexy. I have trouble looking as myself objectively and she gives me a positive outside perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment