Monday, September 27, 2010

Nice Weekend

I had a really great weekend. It was nice watching old home videos. I never knew about my mom's old home movies from her childhood and look forward to seeing the rest of it. Saturday's 5k was a fun experience. Over 1200 people signed up and 745 participants ran and finished. I finished 320th with a time of 30:58 (a ten min mile). Only a minute longer than my time of the treadmill. Jen took pictures and I look forward to seeing them.
Fry St Oktoberfest was fun. Lot's of people from the British Isles trip were there. We enjoyed some good food and music. I saw a guy who I don't know in person but I recognized from a Denton group on flickr. I talked to him for a while and he asked to take my picture for a project he is doing called 100 Strangers. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thorpeland/5025278756/
Yesterday we used a gift card from our engagement party to eat breakfast at Fuzzys. Then we rented 3 movies and relaxed all day. The weather was beautiful and we opened the windows. I am excited about fall. Ellen left this morning but I will go visit her in 3 weeks.
I hope your weekend was enjoyable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment