Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breaking Point?

Yesterday was a tough one. I almost gave up.
I was out of town July 2-6. I went for a jog the first day of vacation and I ate well, even on Sunday my free day. On my drive home from South Padre Island I got a call from my roommate asking if I was home because our front door was open. He called back a few mins later and told me that someone had broken in an some things were stolen.

His amp, effects pedal, and MacBook plus my Guitar and Bass Guitar.


This was about 4pm and I did not get home till 10pm. We called the police and filed a report. I was up late and over slept yesterday morning. Running late and with no food at the office I ate breakfast from McDonalds. At lunch I was starving but managed to go to the grocery store and get the usual healthy food. I updated my workout tracker and calendar. I was determined to get back to working out. I ate a small snack around 5pm. When I got home around 7pm my fiance didn't want to go to the gym and just wanted to rent a movie. We talked for an hour and I upset her with something I said. At this point I was starving and working out was not an option. We stopped at Arbys on the way to the movie rental place. I got two Beef and Cheddar sandwiches and a Strawberry Banana Split Shake. I told her I feel like giving up. I don't like to go over a week without a workout. When we got to the movie place we decided it was too late to watch a movie. We went to bed so we could get to the gym at 5am to run. I got up around 5 and tried to wake her. 5:15 came around and I said if we dont leave in 5 minute we won't have time to run. She asked if I am getting up. I told her I give up.

I got to work and noticed my cousin had posted some pictures from the reunion on facebook. There was one of me and my brother on the beach together. It re-inspired me to stay on course. (The date stamp is wrong)

It reminded me of a picture taken in March 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment