Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Training Day 1 Week 2

Traffic took an hour and a half to get home. I could see a large storm to the northwest and decided to get in my run right away. It was 102 f bu I figured it would cool off.

I started on the dirt/gravel train along Mayhill rd reaching mile 1 in 8:33. Turned right onto the DCTA rail trail heading towards Loop 288 and finished mile 2 in 8:39 (mostly uphill). Then I ran in front of all the business on 288 lucking out by not having to wait on any traffic lights. I finished mile 3 in 8:08 and completed the 5k in 26:10, tens seconds faster than the equally hot run on Thursday. It was 100f when i finished. Should I keep temperature PRs?

I walked home and Ellen was outside hanging clothes on the clothes line. I was swimming in my own sweat and decided it was worth a picture. About 10-15 minutes later the storm hit and it dropped to 84 f.


No comments:

Post a Comment