Tuesday, October 16, 2012

StrongLifts 5x5 Day 1

Tonight I did my first StrongLifts 5x5 workout.


According to the spreadsheet provided for the program I need to start with 45lbs for Squats and Bench and 60lbs for Barbell Row. This is based on me not entering my max lifts and using the beginner setting so I can focus on my form. Deadlifts and squats are not something I have much experience doing.

I started out with doing front squats with an 7ft olympic barbell with no weights (45lbs). I focused on my form and doing them deep, I felt kinda funny squatting an empty bar but for is VERY IMPORTANT.

Next I moved over to the bench press and did 65 pounds but that felt too light so I did 85 pounds the next three sets and 105 the final set so my total volume lifted is the same as doing 5 sets of 85.

Using the same barbell from the bench I loaded 25 pound plates on each side and did 95 pounds for the 5 sets and it felt like just the right amount of weight. Recently in another workout I had done 4 sets of 6 reps of 110 pounds.

The whole workout only took 20 minutes.

Also today is Day 2 of my GOMAD diet. I stepped on the scale and I was 173.6 lbs this morning. That is about 2 pounds more than my weekly weigh-in last Thursday.




No comments:

Post a Comment