Saturday, October 20, 2012

StrongLifts Day 3

After finally reading the StrongLifts 5x5 Report e-book PDF I found out I have been skipping the warmup sets. No wonder I was after to do my first two workouts in 20 minutes or less.

In addition to the 5 sets of 5 reps for the 3 exercises (only 1 set on deadlift) you do 2 sets of 5 reps with an empty barbell. Then do a third warm set adding 25-45 pounds increments with just 3 reps. Then do a final warm up set of just 2 reps. http://stronglifts.com/5-rules-to-find-your-perfect-warm-up-weight/

Here is what I did in my "Work Sets"

Squats 5 set of 5 reps with 55 pounds 

Bench Press 5 set of 5 reps with 90 pounds 

Barbell Row 5 set of 5 reps with 105 pounds 
(I was only suppose to do 100 pounds but I forgot my training info sheet)

This workout took me around 45min but I was just getting used to my warm up sets. Right now everything is fairly easy so I am putting my full focus on developing good form. 

GOMAD Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment