Wednesday, July 25, 2012

C5W7D3 - LBWO + 2 Miles

Continuing my week of being unable to wake up early and exercise before work I got to the gym around 7pm due to working 15 min late and traffic. A few weeks ago I added running 2 miles to my strength training workouts on Wednesdays. It was 100f outside so I figure the treadmill is a safer option.

I am in the third week of my current LBWO routine and have been able to add 5 to 20 pounds per set each workout. The week of August 6th I will switching to a new 4 week routine to finish out my BFL challenge. I plan to use as many free weights as possible.

I felt strong despite being hungry on my drive home. My training intensity is very focused and I do my best to use good form. This is the first time I have done Barbell Squats using the Smith Machine since I had a personal trainer 3 years ago. I remember he put on 50 lbs and it used to kill me and I hated it. I still hate it but I can lift more now. I completely gave up doing any lower body lifting from April 2011 to April 2012 and I can feel my strength coming back. I have read the lower body lifting helps runners stay injury free.

I was able to cut my LBWO 2 minutes short. I got on the treadmill and set it to 8.2 mph. After 0.75mi I changed it 8.3. At the mile mark I bumped it up to 8.6mph (6:58 pace) and kept that speed until I had 0.25 left and switched it to 9.0 and with 0.1 left up to 9.5 finishing 2 miles in 14:08. Checking my spreadsheet stats I figured out this was my first 2 mile run on a treadmill. I keep stats on my PR by distance and keep treadmill runs separate. This is my first treadmill 2mi and my outdoor 2mi PR is 14:55. My treadmill time tend to be 4-7% faster than outdoors.

I am taking off tomorrow as my rest day so I can be there for Ellen's surgery. She is nervous and will need me there for her for 24 hours after surgery. I am glad it is finally happening and hope/pray everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment