Saturday, July 28, 2012

C5W7D6 - 5k

I have been running on the treadmill too much recently. This morning I decided to run a 5k to see how my actual speed is progressing. I set my alarm for 5am but I did not get up until after 6am.

I did not look at my watch for the first 0.75mi and just ran at pace that felt hard but sustainable. When I finally looked I was going at a 8:30 pace so I sped up. I reached 1mi in 8:05. I picked up the pace to around 7:45 and ran another 0.55mi then turned around to run back. I finished mile 2 right at 16 minutes and was feeling good. I ran at a 7:30 pace until I reached the big hill on Spencer and pushed to keep just under 8:00. On the downhill I began to run just under 7:15 and kept the pace for 0.45mi. With 0.25mi left I pushed harder and got up at a 6:45-6:55 pace and finished in 24:14. I had not run an outdoor 5k in 15 days. I beat my PR by 11 seconds and was a sweaty mess.

On Thursday I downloaded an app on my phone called FigureRunning. I read about it in a Runners World magazine a co-worker gave me while Ellen was in surgery. Basically you can doodle on google maps with different colors and thickness using your GPS and running to do the drawing. This was my first time to try it and all I did was an out and back and I changed the color as I reached the turnaround.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment