Thursday, June 9, 2011

C3.5W5D4

I had a great Spin class and yoga class last night. I looked at the calendar/spreadsheet and I can't believe it has been 9 weeks since my last Spin-Yoga Wednesday. It seems when I run over 5 miles it starts to hurt my back and Yoga is really helpful.

I was worried that after the honeymoon I would get lazy like I did last summer. I want to keep running and set a goal earlier this year to run a Half marathon by the end of the year (and a full by the ago of 30.) I also told my future father-in-law I would run the Palo Duro 20k (12.5mi) trail run with him this coming October. Since a half marathon is 13.1 and I want to get up to 12.5 by the middle of October I decided to find a 10K to run at the end of July to have a goal to keep me running. I plan to start a 14-week half marathon training program at the beginning of August. I searched a few websites and found a race to train for, the DRC Half on 11/6/11. I think I have gone off the deep end as I don't even know if I like running, I just like setting goals and reaching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment