Friday, April 1, 2011

C3W8D5

Yesterday I ended up meeting with nurse practitioner and she she took my basics including BP which she said was 117/79. After that she asked what I there for and I said I have been having high BP reading for 6 weeks. She took my BP again on my other arm (left) and it was 138/91 then measured on the right again "slower this time" and it was 140/89. She asked me the standard series of questions then handed me a 2 page info sheet on blood pressure printed 8 years ago. She said to make lifestyle changes and if it does not go down then they will consider medication.

It was a waste of my time and I scheduled a follow up visit this coming Friday morning with my doctors and a full physical with bloodwork. I have concluded the only thing that I could improve from the list of way to lower blood pressure is to reduce my sodium intake.

Here is the list on the sheet she gave me:

Maintain a Healthy Weight

Follow a healthy eating plan

Reduce Sodium in your diet

Drink alcohol only in moderation

She also asked about caffeine and hinted it could cause high BP too. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-pressure/AN00792


UBWO 6 rep max:

(C3W8D5)

Chest (Decline)-235lbs

Shoulders (Dumbell side raises)-50lbs

Back (Low Seated Row)-160lbs

Biceps(Preacher Curl)-80lbs

Triceps(Cable Pulldown)-150lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment