Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hotcake Hustle 10K

The Hotcake Hustle 10K was alot of run. My friend Rachel ran it with me. She did the Half with me and it was her first longer run since then. I told her I wanted to do it in under 55 mins (shooting to beat my PR 54:47). My GPS watch died after 5 minutes because I did not notice the charger was not plugged in when I "charged" it, haha. I felt went based off what felt good checking the timer on my phone when we crossed mile markers. We crossed the halfway marker at 27:19 so I knew I was on target. I started to overheat from my long sleeve jacket (I didn't wear one last year.) I was fumbling with unclipping my safety pins and finally got free and wrapped it around my wait. I walked thru the 3rd water station and pushed up the last hill then sped up pace until the finish line. We finished in 54:54 about 7 seconds slower than my PR but 7:20 faster than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment