Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recovery Time

I woke up this morning and felt sore, sluggish, and grumpy. I snoozed my alarm and thought maybe I should just get on the elliptical or bike instead of running 4 miles. I snoozed again and told myself if I dont get up now it will be too late. Snoozed a third time and then just got up and went into the other room to cuddle with my wife. She has been sleeping in the guest room in a bed of pillows due to her surgery on her arm. I helped her get dressed and showered then headed to work. Today is the last day of the month and so far I have logged 99 miles. I would love to have my first 100 mile month so after work I am going to get in my 4 miles. It really messes up my week if I don't do my long run on Saturday because I need the two days of recovery time before I start a new week. The Galveston Madi Gras Half Marathon is this coming Sunday and I want to beat my last Half Marathon time but I don't want to have alot of recovery time. After running/jogging longer than 13.1 miles the last two weekends I doubt I will feel like I did after the DRC Half back in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment