Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marathon Training Day 1 Week 5

I am currently in week 5 of my 18 week marathon training. I am running longer and faster and it seems like I am doing something new each week. Ellen and I took before pictures last night for her BFL/Body Rock 12 week challenge. She hurt her neck drying off after a shower on the weekend so this morning she just got in the hot tub and sauna while I ran on the treadmill. Did 5k on the treadmill in 25:05 and on Thursday I did 5k in the park in 25:02

I posted my New Years Resolutions on facebook but I did not post them here. It is more a list of goals for 2012 (mainly the first 6 months).

Run a mile in under 7 minutes and 5k in under 25 (I am changing it to under 24)

Complete a Marathon

Log 1000 total miles in honor of my Uncle Jack

Get down to 163 lbs and under 10% bodyfat by April

I have 3 races coming up in the next 4 months. This Saturday I am running a 10k and it will be the 1 year anniversary of my first 10k. I am shooting to run it 8-10 minutes faster than last year. In February as my halfway point my training calls for a half marathon so I am going to do one when I visit my Grandmother on Galveston Island (nice and flat). Then my marathon race will be on April 16th. I might do a Tough Mudder on April 1st with my father-in-law and some of his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment