Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marathon Training Day 2 Week 5

This morning I did a 10k for my training run. The last two weeks I did my 10k runs in the evening and today I felt sluggish and dead weight. I finished 4 minutes slower than last week and when I got home I plotted up all my 10k runs I have done. On 1-11-10 I did my first attempt in 68:47 and today I did it in 59:43. It changed my perspective and I need to remember that a training run is not a race. Saturday I will attempt to do it in under 54:47.

This morning Ellen told me she wants to 18 pounds by a certain date and will not settle for less than 10 pounds. She has the drive in here and I will support her to keep it going. She started couch to 5K again and plans to do the Cowtown 5K with me at the end of February. We did it together last year and it was fun. The next day is the Half marathon and I am considering it.

This was interesting www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../20919592

No comments:

Post a Comment