Thursday, January 26, 2012

No Excuses (11.5 weeks till Marathon)

The key to success is plan, plan, plan, and no excuses! I have not missed a workout in 10 weeks. New goal, eat clean and lean for the next 12 weeks. I made a chart to show myself the angle of the downward slope I need to be on. 1.2 pounds a week will get me to my goal but that doesn't mean I can't do it early.

Last night I knew to do 7 miles in 60 minutes the treadmill speed needed to read 7.0. I warmed up at 6.5 for a bit then bumped it up to 7.0 miles until about 3.1 miles in then I bumped it up to 7.1. At the halfway mark I was about 8-10 seconds behind where I need to be. I kept it at 7.1 because that is 8:27 a mile and 7.0 is 8:34 and I knew I would shave off 7 second in a mile.. I also have a habit of sprinting full force the last 0.1 to 0.2 mi of every run. I reached my goal and surpassed it, 59:28.

If I want to lose 13 pounds in 11 weeks I really need to lose 2 pounds a week and not just 1.2 pounds a week so I reach my goal in 7-8 weeks and maintain it for 3-4 weeks. 3 weeks out from my marathon I do my longest training run of 20 freakin miles. That should be my goal date to reach. No procrastination and no more excuses (last the last 10 weeks) the pressure is on!

I need to refuel on Fridays for my long runs and that will be my "free day". I plan to eat clean but with just more fuel knowing I will burn 2000-2800 calories on my long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment