Sunday, June 17, 2012

C5W1D7

Saturday morning I overslept and missed my my window to get in my run. We went to a Texas Rangers game Friday night and did not get home until late. I woke up at 8:45am and had to swing by the Farmers Market by 9am so we could get to Dallas by 10am to pickup 2 new chickens. I slept in today too and miss out on a nice cool morning. Ellen cooked a wonderfull breakfast and we got started in the yard. We put some temporary netting on our new chicken run so the new pullets could have some extra space. Around 2:30 pm I could see a storm coming from the west. We switched to doing yard work before the rain came. It cooled off about 10 degrees so I decided to get in a run before the rain. I headed to the LA Fitness parking lot to start my usual 2 mile route. Less than half a mile into it it start sprinkling and by 1 mile it was raining. I ran thru it feeling and alive and refreshed by the rain drops. I was very thankful to get the oppurtunity to run without all the heat. I finished in 15:56 and felt good even though I had planned to do a 5 mile run over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment