Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Motivation Level 10!


I am back up to a motivation level 10 right now. Lifting heavy and 100% BFL style, running short distances fast, nutrition is 100% and 60-80% on weekend. I have decided to cutt out alcohol after our 1st Wedding Anniversary and trip to Colorado. I plan cut it out the first 6-8 weeks of my Marathon training start August 1st.

Running last night has motivated me to set and new goal. Something to push me for the next 14 weeks. My very first 5k was the Rahr 5k in September 2010. I ran it again in September 2011 and have not run a 5k race since then.

"I want to place in my age division at the upcoming Rahr Oktoberfest 5k in late September. A 21min 5k should get in the top 3 or 5 in the male 25-29 based on the results from 2010 and 2011. Right now my fastest treadmill 5k is 23:48 and my outdoor is 25:02 (but that was 5 months ago). I think I would have to run 6:45 per mile and right now my fastest  one miler is 7:11 (two months ago) and 6:56 on the treadmill last month." 

My friend TC is an Army recruiter and just moved back to Texas after living in Iowa for 5 years. He has been a good supporter of my running on facebook and is the one who introduced me to Tough Mudder.

I texted him my new 5k goal today and he said, "I'll have to train up to that pace but I am down to run it with you." I told him where I am now and he said, "I think a 21 is my best when I ran all the time. We have plenty of time." 14 weeks to train...

The icing on the cake is he lives right by my old running buddy Ranson who helped me get faster AND my friend Eric who trained with me in March/April when I was nursing an IT-Band issue.

There is a nice park located close to all their houses. I would LOVE to get the group together for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment