Tuesday, June 19, 2012

C5W2D2 - 2mi PR

After work I went stopped by the Sun & Ski Sports at Grapevine Mills Mall to exchange my VFF Bikila LS for a smaller size. I did a test sprint up on Saturday and decided they were too big on my right foot. My left foot is bigger than my right. I found the box from my first pair and saw they were a 42 and my new ones were a 43. I got home and decided I want to do a real test run. I slide on my shoes, slapped on my garmin watch, and headed outside. It was 87 degrees, humid, with a 20-25 mph wind. I decided to do my usual 2 mile out and back. I pushed myself a little and finished mile 1 in 7:25 without feeling like I was dying. I decided to keep pushing and try to set a new PR. By 1.5mi in the heat was getting to me but I kept going. I sped up a little the last 0.2mi finishing in 14:55 beating my old PR by 2 seconds. 
   
The Speed and Bikila LS have the same tread.

A little tighter around the toe box than the Speeds

We both have 2 pair now. From Left to Right; Men's Speed and Bikila LS, Women's SeeYa and Spyridon LS

I want to place in my age division at the Rahr Oktoberfest 5k in late September. A 21min 5k should get in the top 3 or 5 in the male 25-29 based on the results from 2010 and 2011. Right now my fastest treadmill 5k is 23:48 and my outdoor is 25:02 (but that was 5 months ago). I think I would have to run 6:45 per mile and right now my fastest mile is 7:11 (two months ago) and 6:56 on the treadmill last month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment