Thursday, May 19, 2011

C3.5W2D4

I am feeling alive today! Yesterday is the past and tomorrow is an adventure!

Ellen and I had a good workout last night. We did the same workout I posted on Tuesday only we added a circuit and switch the burpees to the 16-point exercise (ask me what it is. I posted it a while back). I was about 15 minutes late leaving the house this morning and got stuck on the highway due to a wreck and it took me 25 minutes to go 1.5 miles. I guess I will be working until 6pm :( and only getting 38 hours this week. Oh well, I am glad I have a job and reason to wake up every morning.

Last may we had a garage sale and the Barn Swallows that nests in my car port somehow flew into my house. My cat was going crazy and I eventually we were able to get the bird to fly back outside. A few weeks ago I noticed we have a new nest and I bet it is the same bird..



The following is a post by Catherine "Legs" Sperle today on the BFL forum that I want to share:

"It's so true. We are creatures of habit and enjoy making ourselves a nest and then just staying there and spinning around making it softer. Throwing the odd stick into the mix and making it match the rest of our nest is not only uncomfortable, but makes us be aware of our surroundings. Leaving the tree and going to a totally new tree to create a whole new nest can make your heart race.

Some people live their whole lives in the nest of safety. That nest can either mean a job that only pays the bills and doesnt stimulate a person, it can mean a relationship that doesnt allow the person to be authentic and grow, it can mean layering on weight to hide from having to face fears, lowering the bar to be with people who do not help or encourage because breaking out of the click is too uncomfortable - it would mean either being alone, or making new friendships. There are as many reasons as there are people why we feel uncomfortable with change. And just as many "disabilities" for lack of a better word, that inhibit our goals. Self confidence, addictions, lack of gym equipment, weight, mental blocks, stubborn thoughts, paralysis, rotator cuff issues, cravings, depression ..... add your own here - what is your disability preventing you from giving yourself 12 weeks to improve your mental and physical being."

No comments:

Post a Comment