Thursday, May 10, 2012

Primal Challenge Day 25


Sunday is the end of our 4 week Primal Challenge. We plan to continue doing it using the 80% rule. 
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/remember-the-80-20-principle/#axzz1uTbUXxfB 
I am down to 12.9% body fat (my lowest ever since March 2010 13.3% BFL C1) and have burned of all the fat I gained at Easter plus 1.6 lbs extra. This is right at the point where the old me would go on a binge and mess up my progress but I plan to stay strong and keep going. I am not at a plateau so my motivation levels are still high. Plus right now I am staying strong for myself and for Ellen. Life is sooo much better now that we live together! (Cue Jack Johnson - Better Together)
       I am loving doing 3 days of lifting and 3 days of cardio under 20 minutes. It feels like BFL minus the pyramid and HIIT. Doing 4 days of running and 2 days of lifting for 6-7 months way not workings towards my overall long term fitness goal. I have become very aware that endurance training is not ideal for getting lean and building muscle but it is still a fun goal/world to live in when the weather isn't too hot. So I guess August to Feb/March I am an endurance runner and March to July I am a Bodybuilder/Sprinter.
         This week I decided to cut back on my coffee. I usually drink two 16oz travel mugs before 10am on work days. This week I am drinking one 16oz and one 8oz and next week I am just going to drink two 8 oz cups and then get down to one cup. I am debating giving up coffee again. I figure at the rate I am tapering off I can just quite over my 4 days weekend at the end of the month. I didn't have coffee from August to October last year and I was waking up before my alarm at 4:30-4:45am every day. Right now I am late to work every day and lucky to be up by 6am.




No comments:

Post a Comment