Sunday, October 16, 2011

Training Day 4 Week 9 (FWRC Mercury 10K)

Fort Worth Runners Club Mercury 10K in 54:47
3rd place in age group
25th of 87 overall
I signed up because it was only $8 and my half marathon training program called for it. I won a raffle for a $10 gift certificate from the photographer and received a 1939 dime for 3rd place.

Yesterday's 10K club run was so much fun. It was a nice cool 64 degrees when it started. I spent most of Saturday in a mental battle trying to avoid unclean food that would cause me to bloat as I wanted a pretty light weight for my run. I would say I ate 80% clean and ended up at 177 which is only 5 pounds for than Thursday morning and not bad considering I ate some bad food Friday night. I ate an apple an hour before and a banana about 20 minutes before the race. I did my best to stay hydrated and ended up having to pee really bad during the 45 minute drive to Trinity park. I started off the run listening to System of a Down and ended up going at too fast a pace. I found a good steady pace and got to the halfway in 27:xx and decided I had plenty of energy left. After mile 4 I told myself " This is the last time you have to run until Tuesday. Give it all you've got." I picked up the pace and just focused on the beauty of my surroundings and every so ofter checked my watch to make sure I didn't slow down. In the last mile I caught up to two runners and just pushed as hard as I could and ended up finishing in 54:47. My goal was under 56 minutes and my previous time was 59:12. I ended up 3rd in my age group and 25th of 87 overall. I am now even more excited about the half marathon in 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment