Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Marathon Training Day 1 Week 11

This morning Ellen told me her arm hurts and she did not want to go to the gym. I said I should rest my knee and decided to just run on the treadmill after work.
I got to the gym around 7pm due to traffic and I had to wait for a treadmill to free up. Last Tuesday I did 5 miles in just under 42 minutes so I decided to I want to repeat it. I started off at 7.0 mph and it took about a mile for me to find my pace and breathing. I pushed the speed up 1 notch. My right knee hurt but only slightly. At mile 2 I sped it up to 7.2 knowing I need to average 7.15 to repeat last weeks run. I hit the 3.1 mile mark at 26:14 and kept going and bumped to the speed up to 7.3 and 7.4 at 4 miles. At about 4.3 miles my knee pain increased enough for me to slow it down to 4.0 mph. I caught my breath and the pain stopped so I sped back up the my previous pace and my knee hurt even worse so I walked until the treadmill reached 4.5 mi because I like everything to the nearest .25mi in my running spreadsheet. 4.5 miles in 38:45 average pace 8:37.
I got home and I iced down my knee. I plan to try out doing 2 miles tomorrow after work super slow and if that is impossible I will just rest and hope to run the Cowtown Half on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment