Sunday, February 12, 2012

Marathon Training Day 4 Week 9

Saturday I had a fun long run planned out. I took Ellen to a bed & breakfast Friday night and planned on getting up at 5am and running so I could finish before they served breakfast at 9am. Well 5am rolled around and it was 27ish degrees outside. I said to myself, "I am paying for this bed and I am going to sleep more. I don't want my longest run to also be my coldest run." I just wrote it off and counted it as much needed rest. I got my long run in Sunday afternoon. I spend a few hours dreading it. About 0.8 miles into my run I was like, "I don't want to be doing this right now. Then I came across some other runners. I finally got in my zone and just kept going making up my route as I went along. About mile 12 I was running low on energy but pushed until 13.1 then walked and took my 3rd gel pack. I starting back up but at a slower pace 10-11min/mi. At this point my only focus was finishing and getting my miles in. I hobbled like Igor until I reached 17 miles due to some pain in my left foot. As soon as I finished I called Ellen to some pick me up. I was about 1.5-2 miles from home as I did not plan my route out to be a completed loop. It was about to snow and started raining after I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment