Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lower Body & Core Workout

I checked my workout calendar in my spreadsheet and my last Lower Body Workout was on 4-21-2011 in the middle of Week 11 of my 3rd BFL challenge. Since I am putting my endurance running on hold for a few months I figure it is time to build some strength and mass (calves are big enough) in my legs. I am not a huge fan of the BFL pyramid anymore so I just planned out this workout using the low rep supersets I have been using on my upper body workouts.

Lower Body & Core Workout:

Quads/Hamstring Supersets:

Dumbbell Squat - 6 reps 4 sets

Dumbbell Straight-back Straight-leg Deadlift - 6 reps 4 sets


Seated Leg Press Machine - 8 reps 4 sets

Weighted 45-degree Hyperextension - 8 reps 4 sets

Calves:

Standing Calf Raise - 10 reps 4 sets

Lever Seated Calf Raise (plate loaded) - 10 reps 4 sets

Lever Seated Calf Extension - 10 reps 4 sets

Core:

Rectus Abdominis
Lever Seated Leg Raise Crunch - 12 reps 4 sets

Weighted Incline Crunch (arms crossed) - 12 reps 2 sets

Obliques:
Lying Twist - 12 reps 2 sets

Dumbbell 45° Side Bend - 12 reps 2 sets

No comments:

Post a Comment