Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Training Day 1 Week 18

I got off work early to take care of some errands. Ellen did not get home at 5:30 so I texted her that I was taking Winston to the park. She had to work late and ended up meeting me. We walked 1.5mi together and it felt nice. She headed home with the pooch and I decided to do a mile and shoot for 7 minutes. My left shoe came untied so I paused my watch and tied it really quick then kept going finishing the mile in 7:11 (not including the pause).


I will be looking for new and different goals as this is the last week of my 18 weeks of training and the end of being focused on running 4 days a week and time time to enjoy the weather and just have fun. I have been running 4 days a week 32 of the last 36 weeks. I need a break and time to enjoy myself. Ellen has committed and is excited about doing a 4 week Primal Blueprint Challenge with me. I bought her the book and she reads it to me every night. We plan on starting on Monday and we are using this week to plan out our meals and get ready. Back in August/September I read The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet for Endurance Athletes by Dr. Loren Cordain but I like The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson way better. It is an easier read and covers the same information. I am almost over halfway thru reading Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. One of the main character of the book, Micah True aka "Caballo Blanco" died March 27th. He went out for a 12 mile run in New Mexico and did come back.

Since 1-9-12 Ellen has lost 10.6 pounds of fat and I have lost 6.9 lbs. She was doing amazing dropping 5.8 pounds the first 3 week of the year but breaking her wrist was a real setback. Right now the motivation is back an her wrist is healing but she might have to have the plate removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment