Thursday, April 12, 2012

SAD: Standard American Diet

I experimented with the "Standard American Diet" aka SAD the last 4 days. I felt bloated, unfocused, and tired. I had been doing AWESOME for a long time (about 3 months) but the end of 41 days of no bread for Lent mixed with knowing I am going 100% Primal/Paleo on 4/16 opened the flood gates on Easter Sunday.
Here is a summary of the past 4 days:

Sunday:
Breakfast (at noon): 4 Sausage, Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Tacos, 2 Pancakes, a ton of Hummus and Pita Chips
Dinner 6pm: More Hummus and Pita Chips, 3 slices of Papa John's Pizza

Monday:
Breakfast: 7:45am Footlong Subway Sunrise Melt on Flat Bread. Ham, Bacon, Egg Whites, Shredded Cheese, Tomato, Spinach, Chipotle Sauce. Low Fat Chocolate Milk
Lunch: 12:00pm Pei Wei Shrimp Pad Thai and a Pork Egg Roll
Dinner: 6:45 pm Del Taco Baja Shirmp Burrito and a 1/2 pound Bean & Cheese Burrito with Green Sauce.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: 11am Jack in the Box Steak & Egg Burrito
Lunch: 4:15pm Wendys 2 Value Menu Cheese Burgers

Wednesday:
Breakfast 6:30am QuickTrip Chorizo Breakfast Burrito and a Chocolate Whole Milk
Lunch: 12pm Schlotsky's Medium Turkey & Guacamole Sandwich. Braums Medium Banana Milk Shake
(End of SAD eating)
Dinner: 7:30pm Ellen cooked Chili with grass fed beef and buffalo and organic ingredients. I had 2 bowls.

I have no guilt about it. Now I can go into this Primal Challenge not feeling like I am missing out. Eating the easy greasy carb loaded food that causes cravings is not a good feeling. I got all the cravings out of my system and I can just write it off as carb loading for my last race this Sunday.

The RNG (Random Number Generator aka Scale) has moved up just slightly 3 weeks in a row (169.4 to 171.2and I am 6 pounds away from my goal marathon weight (165) but I don't care because I am not running a marathon just a half marathon. I am 3 pounds lighter than when I set a Half Marathon PR in Galveston in early February. I started eating healthy again last night and this morning (banana and 2 hard boiled eggs). I plan to eat in control the rest of the week and have a big pasta type meal Saturday night as my "farewell to grains" last supper. Know my body I will drop another 2 pounds by race day back in to the 160s if I keep hydrated and avoid/ignore cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment