Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Body FOR LIFE: 2 Years

Todayis the 2 year anniversary of the end of my first BFL challenge. I have completed 3 more challenges since then but I have yet to repeat the results, intensity, strictness, and motivation of those original 12 weeks. Right now I am back to the leaness I was then (2.5 pounds of fat higher). Here is pic of 3-5-10 and 3-6-12


At first all I understood and worried about was the BODY part of it but now I see the big picture and understand the FOR LIFE part of it. Just like each each day is part of a week and each week is part of a month, each challenge is part of your life. Dream big and accomplish things in small steps. You can't put all your hopes and dreams into just 12 weeks. This is your life and it is an endurance event. You are in it for the long run so find something you love or something that scares you and challenge yourself. BFL is the foundation of fitness, especially for first timers and people coming back after setbacks and LIFE happened. If you live towards the goal 6-7 days a week a 11-12 months a year while not allowing for destructive behavior and thoughts then you will live it FOR LIFE. I don't have it all figured out but little by little I am making improvements. The mental is the real battle.

I did not even start to see the big picture until about 6-7 months ago.

"The acquisition of knowledge doesn’t mean you’re grow, growing happens when what you know changes how you live. You can’t change anything or make any sort of progress by sitting back and thinking about it. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. The best time to start is now. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep rereading your previous one."

Here is a great read, 12 Stressful Things to Stop Tolerating:

http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/03/05/12-stressful-things-to-stop-tolerating/?fwcc=1&fwcl=1&fwl

No comments:

Post a Comment