Thursday, March 8, 2012

Elliptical

I got to the gym 5 minutes after it opened this morning and got on the elliptical machine I like the most. I programmed it for 55 minutes and warmed up for a min then got my heart rate above 135. After 10-15 minutes I picked up my speed and dropped the resistance 1 notch. My hear rate was 145-155 for most of the rest of the workout. I wanted to burn 600-700 calories but I am behind on my hours at work and stopped my workout when I hit 500 calories at 37:30. I left the gym at 5:50am. In order to be at work on time (7am) I need to leave by 6am but I am not considered late until 7:30-8a. I am an hour and 45 minutes behind so today I will have to work 7:30am to 7:15pm to get my 40 hours for the week. I worked overtime the last 3 Fridays but tomorrow I have alot of errands to run and cleaning to do. My wife's parents are coming to town this weekend to help us build a chicken coop.

This morning I stepped on the scale and it said 169.4. I hit the 160s for the first time 3 weeks ago right before I hurt my knee but it went back up to 172-173 after the injury. I have had to cut back on calories since I am not running 4 days a week. I estimated I was burning 3500-4000 calories a week. It feels good to get in cardio workouts again. One thing I did was cut back on my guacamole. I was eating a 7oz pouch a day and now I am eating 1-2 100 calorie packs. I have also cut back on fruit and carbs. We decided to give up breads for Lent and that has been a major help too. Plus Catherine aka "Legs" my BFL buddy has been inspiring me and reading what her diet is like helps me plan out mine. When I started BFL I wanted to get down to 10-12% body fat and get back to 160 lbs lean body mass (thats the LBM I calculated when I weighed 233). I have put those goals aside but see Catherine lean out for her competition reminds me that I can still reach me goal.

I have not run in 11 days and this morning I got the urge to run 2 miles on my way to the gym. I did not have my GPS watch on me and decided to keep waiting a little longer. It took 13 days for my other knee to recover from my first Half Marathon in November. I plan on running with my father in law this weekend. His knee has been bothering time since last April and he is getting back into running.

169.4 lbs 14.8% Body Fat

No comments:

Post a Comment