Thursday, March 22, 2012

Treadmill HIIT

This morning we got woke up before 5am. I laid in bed while Ellen got ready. I felt tired and too lazy to get out from under the covers. After laying for another 15-20 minutes I turned off the ceiling fan. A cold front came thru overnight and it was chilly inside. I ate half a banana and got dressed for the workout. We got to the gym at 5:35 so I decided to just to a 20 min HIIT workout. Ellen got on the Elliptical behind me. I did 2.6mi, same as tuesday, then went downstairs to stretch. I am working on stretching more to avoid another injury.

I am LOVING doing intense short cardio right now. Before my training ended due to my knee my shortest runs were 5 miles. I have been focused only on endurance running since August. I have not ran an a 5k race since September. I started thinking maybe it would be better for me to run the Big D 5k instead of the Big D Half so I can see how I have improved instead of shooting to run 13.1mi under 1:58 and risk another injury.

Starting the week after the Big D I will be switching to my new Vibram Fivefingers and staring over from scratch working from 0.25mi to 8mi over 10 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment