Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Treadmill HIIT/5k

I set and new BFL HIIT and 5K treadmill PR today. Ellen went with me to the gym for the second time since she broke her wrist in late January. I was super excited by Ellen being there and from being able to do a long run without much pain 2 days ago. We got to the gym a little later than I planned and I wanted to do a BFL style HIIT workout since I had not done one since July. I got on the treadmill and started my 2 minute warmup at 5.0mph and bumped it up to 6.0 after a minute. In my first set of intervals I did 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0. On my second setI started at 6.0 and worked up to 9.5. I started the third set at 6.5 and worked up to 9.5 again. The final set I started at 6.0 and worked up to 11.0 for my peak minute. I did my last minute of the HIIT session at 5.0 and reached 2.6mi in 20 minutes. Ellen was on the elliptical behind me so I decided to keep going to 3.1mi. I slowly increased my speed and finished in 23:48. I was the sweatiest I have ever been on a treadmill and shaved 55 seconds off my best treadmill 5k time and added 0.11mi to my best HIIT workout back in April 2011 when I held on so hard the paint from the treadmill stuck to my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment