Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Elliptical

I have not ran in 9 days. That is my longest break since June/July for our wedding and honeymoon. Other than the 100 meter sprints I did on Wednesday and Sunday during my obstacle course training I have not been doing any cardio. I ate pretty good during the weekend but I ate fast food a few more times than I found have liked and probably ate too much food. This was the first weekend in a long time that I did not have a long run that burnt 1000+ calories. I am still on my break from running but I was just itching to burn off some energy and do some cardio. I got up at 4:55am and was at the gym by 5:15am My favorite elliptical machine was taken. My gym has three brands of ellipticals;
Precor,

Matrix,

and Life Fitness.
Link
I prefer the precor as they had them in my college gym and the gym I went to when I had a personal trainer. You can adjust the inlince and resistance and the motion of the pedals feels more natural. I ended up getting on the Matrix Elliptical and programming it for 45 minutes. I held the handles that do not move and kept my heart rate between 135-150. After I got to 300 calories burnt I decided to workout to 400 calories and then stop. It took me 32:30 to reach 400 cals. I was a sweaty mess towards the end. I plan to get to the gym 15 minutes earlier on Thurday morning so I can do the whole 45 minutes.

I just realized today is the 2 year anniversary of the end of my first body for life challenge and Linkone of my first posts to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment