Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2 Years Ago

2 years ago I was in my last month with my trainer and I was 5 pounds from my "goal weight". I had just switched from the elliptical to the treadmill because my sister said she wanted to do a 5K on the anniversary of Hurricane Ike in Galveston. We planned a trip to visit my Grandmother but my mother ended up being controlling and changing our plan into a family weekend and told us we did not have time for a 5K. I remember "jogging" on the treadmill and calculating that a 5K would take me about 45 minutes to complete and it felt like a frightening challenge. I had low confidence but it has grown steadily along with my fitness. The Body for Life forum/website has been an unending source of motivation and inspiration for me. I did "leave" it for a while last summer but mainly due to lots of traveling. Everyone that posts, no matter what they say, makes a difference..
Here is a post from my journal from about that time:
"I am excited and slightly worried about switching from losing weight to just maintaining it. I don't know if I should keep the same diet and back off the exercise or slight increase my calorie intake and intensify the cardio and stay on the weights. I have had a trainer since November and my time time with him is ending soon. I joined the LA Fitness less than a mile from my house. It opened the same weekend I moved. I am doing a 5K with my sister in Galveston in a few weeks for the anniversary of Hurricane Ike. I can go at a steady pace for about 2/3 and will prob walk the rest. "
I had planned to run the Sand Crab 5K on 8-14-11 and visit my Grandma this past weekend but my mom decided to plan a party and visit this coming weekend so I changed my plan and luckily there was a 5K in my town.

No comments:

Post a Comment