Monday, August 1, 2011

Mondayest of Mondays

Thursday afternoon I got a call from Ellen saying her Grandmother is not going to make it and she needs me to come to Amarillo. I left work early and headed that way. Ellen was already there because she took her dog to the vet that Tuesday. We spend most of the weekend in the hospital as family members came by to say goodbye. I had to leave yesterday to go back to work and Ellen came home with me leaving her car behind. We got a text this morning saying she passed in the middle of the night. It was so tough to leave Ellen home alone with no car and go to work today. I love her so much. I hurt when she hurts and I just wanted to stay there and comfort her.

I got in a decent run on Saturday. 3.73mi in 37:55. I was originally signed up for a 5K. I noticed Ellen's parents neighborhood was marked for a 5k/10k that morning and thought it would have been cool to participate. I like the feeling of running in a group. The nice thing about the weekend is it was alot cooler so I got to get my run in at 8:30 am instead of 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment