Thursday, August 18, 2011

Training Day 3

Training day 3: I did not jump out of bed without snoozing like the last two days. I got up had some water and was out the door. I decided to run the same route as Monday to see if I could beat my time since they are both 3mi days. I ended up shaving 38 seconds off with 3.06mi in 29:41. I read it is good to train at 85% of your race pace and this was 87% of my 5K on Sunday.
I am heading to Galveston to visit my grandmother this weekend. Going to Rollerblade for my cross training on Saturday and run 4mi on Sunday.
Yesterday I had that feeling of "Each day I am in the best shape of my life and better shape than the previous day." It has been a long while since I have felt this way. I felt it for the entire year of 2009 and into the first part of 2010. It has been like 17 months since I have had the feeling and I am going to push as hard as I can to keep it.



QOTD: "There are two fatal errors that keep great projects from coming to life; not finishing, and not starting."

No comments:

Post a Comment