Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Routine: Arm Supersets & Abs

Despite the bad news we went to the gym last night. Ellen swam laps in the pool and I tried out my new workout. I just did biceps and triceps supersets followed by abs. I think I needed to up the weight but it was my first attempt at the new routine. Friday I plan to do chest, back, and shoulders.
We got up this morning and headed back for some cardio. Ellen got on the elliptical and I got on the dreadmill. I decided to do eight 30 second intervals instead of four 60 second intervals. So instead of doing 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 ,9.0 mph I did 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.5, 9.0 and the workout went by faster because I was constantly changing speed. I hit my 10 doing 10 MPH and ended up with 2.31 mi in 20 mins. My PR is 2.51 back in April but now I am doing a 1.0% incline.

No comments:

Post a Comment